The newly-updated PMD620 mk 2 incorporates some great new features:
- password protection and file encryption
- retake feature
- card check, to check card compatibility
- black finish
and it's even better now than ever before.
Full details below.
This model was discontinued, then reinstated in July 2016.
Not available until September 2016.
Reduce wind noise on your recordings with a Rycote Mini Windjammer for PMD620 just £32.
Text from Marantz
The Marantz PMD620 MKII is a high performance handheld digital recorder that records to SD/SDHC flashcard media in either PCM (.WAV) or MP3 audio formats. The light weight compact form (just 62 x 102 x 25 mm), ergonomic design and ease of operation recommend the PMD620 MKII to a wide range of users, including journalists, reporters, program makers, podcasters, musicians and sound engineers everywhere - now with an updated premium black finish.
Features include an built-in stereo condenser microphone array for ‘point and shoot recording,’ and an intuitive control surface for single handed operation, with thumb operated transport wheel and tactile, red illuminating, record button. A high contrast, low power draw organic LED (OLED) screen provides vivid display of menus which guide the user through the optimum set up and operation for their application.
Recording settings are selectable between those for high quality music recording to extended voice recording. The use of SD cards, the most stable and commonly available type of flash media, includes support for SDHC (SD High Capacity) cards, with recording file size limited only by card capacity. Recording time with a 4 GB card extends from 3 hrs 44 mins for stereo PCM at 24-bit / 48 kHz, to 283 hrs 44 mins – almost 12 days – for mono MP3 at 32 kbps.
Journalists on the move, up against tight deadlines will make use of the new ‘Retake’ feature which allows a simple button press to take you back though the previously recorded audio to edit the record start point. This enables easy re-recording over unwanted takes and offers a solution for quick editing on the move without the need to edit on a computer. Transcription is simple with the Skip Back function, and file transfers to any computer are drag-and- drop via USB.
And for those users that record sensitive information, the PMD620MKII now features a passcode protect feature for the actual unit so unauthorized users cannot pick up the device and record or playback files of sensitive nature. Furthermore, the recorder now features a way to password protect and encrypt the files themselves allowing for secured transfer of sensitive recordings from party to party.
- Handheld portability, compact rugged design
- Card check compatibility feature
- Passcode protection for the device
- Password protected file encryption
- Linear style Retake record function
- Single handed operation and one-touch recording
- User configurable, high contrast OLED display
- Utilizes stable and reliable SD/SDHC flash media
- Selectable stereo / mono / .WAV / MP3 recording
- Selectable 16- and 24 bit recording depths, 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz sample rates, and six MP3 bit rates from 192 kbps to 32 kbps
- Professional recording, editing and playback features
- Integrated stereo condenser microphone array
- Mic and line level external inputs
- Internal playback speaker
- USB 2.0 connectivity to PC, for drag and drop file exchange
- Power from two AA cells typically provides 5 hours operation
- Includes DMP Editor software for advanced features and functionality
Not available until September 2016.